MAY RECIPE: Carrot, Sage & Anchovy Rosti
BY BOB'S LOBSTER HEAD CHEF, ANA MAILEI
To celebrate the opening of street food truck, BOB's Lobster, first permanent site BOB's Lobster Wine Bar & Kitchen, we've asked Head Chef Ana to share with us a colourful recipe of what to expect from brunch their new London Bridge site.
A note from Chef Ana - "The Carrot Rosti is a gluten-free recipe (replacing traditional potato) as my daughter is intolerant to gluten. With gluten intolerance on the rise it inspires me to create something just as tasty but gluten-free. The humble carrot is one of my favourite vegetables that you can use in both sweet or savoury recipes. The carrot crop is Britain's major root vegetable, producing over 700,000 tonnes of carrots each year from 9,000 hectares. And brunch is my favourite meal of the day – when working in a restaurant kitchen, arriving early and making yourself brunch sets you up nicely for both breakfast & lunch service! "
Carrot, Sage & Anchovy Rosti with Poached Eggs
1. Preheat Oven to 185 degrees.
2. Start by peeling & washing your Carrots. Grate them coarsely into a colander with an under bowl.
3. Finely chop your Shallots, Anchovies and Sage.
4. Add your Salt & Pepper to your Carrots then drain any excess liquid.
5. Add your Oil, Spices, Shallots, Anchovies and Sage to your grated Carrots and mix through well. Form Rostis. (150-160g should make 4-5 Rostis)
6. Heat up your pan with a bit of Olive Oil. Add Rostis. On a medium heat cook on each side for 3 minutes. As you turn, use spatula to shape Rostis.
7. Then transfer your Rostis carefully onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Add your Cherry Tomatoes to your baking tray as well, season with a pinch of Salt and drizzle a bit of Olive Oil.
9. Place your tray in the pre-heated oven for 8 minutes to finish cooking the Rostis and the tomatoes.
10. Whilst your waiting for your Rostis, bring your water up to the boil in deep saucepan and add your Cider Vinegar.
11. Once your water starts to boil crack your eggs all into a bowl then carefully pour into boiling water.
12. Set the timer for 1 minute 30 seconds; then, using a spider or perforated spoon remove your eggs from the water.
13. For each Rosti serve with 2 eggs, a quarter of sliced Avocado with a squeeze of lime juice and a few tomatoes!
Time: 35 Minutes
Fresh Sage Leaves 5g
Ground Cumin 5g
Ground Coriander 5g
Olive Oil 10g
Salt & Cracked Black Pepper 5g
8 Free Range Whole Eggs
Cider Vinegar 100ml
Lime juice .5oz