The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) was founded in 1969 to provide high quality education and training in wines and spirits. Since then, WSET has grown into the foremost international body in the field of wines and spirits education, with a suite of sought-after qualifications.
The aim of WSET LEVEL1 course is to give a basic introduction to wine followed by some basic food & wine pairing.
All Students will be given 6 ISO Tasting Glasses, food & wine required for the course. Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 1 Award in wine lapel pin.
Goals & Understanding:
- The main styles of wine
- The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- The characteristics of the common grape varieties used to produce wine
- Service of wine
- Health, safety and legal issues
- The pairing of food and wine
- To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 30 questions