The aim of WSET LEVEL 2 is to cover major grape varieties, regions of the world, food and wine pairing, sparkling wines, fortified wines, and the major spirits. Included as part of your course is a tutored tasting through 48 wines and a spirits revision exercise.
You will not need any formal qualification just an enthusiasm for the subject and willingness to learn. It is suitable for both the enthusiast and those looking to enter or already working in the wine and hospitality business requiring a good level of product knowledge. It is not necessary to hold a certificate in WSET Level 1
Students who successfully pass, 55% or more, the one-hour multiple choice question paper with 50 questions will receive a certificate, WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits and lapel pin.
WSET Level 2 is a three-day course (9:00AM-5PM) are held on consecutive Saturdays at Bedales at Leadenhall. This course is held on 9/2, 16/2 & 23/2. There will be coffee & tea on arrival. On the last Saturday, there will be a casual Wine Social with host Silvia (Divino in Vino)
What you'll learn
• How wine is made
• What factors influence wine style
• The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
• The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
• The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
• Label terminology
• Food and wine pairing principles
• The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
• How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 28 hours of study time, including 16 hours of classroom or online delivery time with the WSET course provider.*
PLEASE NOTE: You will purchase a ticket for 2 February, but this represents the entire three-day course