APRIL RECIPE: Ota Ika
BY BOB'S LOBSTER HEAD CHEF, ANA MAILEI
To celebrate the opening of street food truck, BOB's Lobster, first permanent site BOB's Lobster Wine Bar & Kitchen, we've asked Head Chef Ana to share with us a colourful recipe of what to expect from their new London Bridge site.
Ota Ika or Poisson Cru (Polynesian Raw Fish Salad)
Serves: 6 (75g per person)
250g Fresh Salmon, Tuna or Seabass
15g Fresh Red & Green Chilies
15g Red Onions
120g Coconut Cream
10g Lemon Grass
10g Fresh Coriander
1 Lime Juice & Zest
10g Sea Salt
5g Olive Oil
5g Cracked Black Pepper
1. Set out a couple of mixing bowls.
2. Finely dice your Red Onions and Chilies and place in one of the mixing bowls.
3. Using a stick blender, blend your Lemon Grass, Coconut, Ginger & Coriander together and add Salt to taste.
4. Using a fine sieve or chinoux pass your Coconut Cream mix and remove solids. Set your Coconut Cream in fridge.
5. Dice your skinless and boneless fillets of fish into 1cm x 1cm sized cubes then place it in a separate mixing bowl.
6. Add 5g of Sea Salt and Olive Oil then mix well and set in the fridge to allow the fish to absorb the Olive Oil and Salt for 10 minutes.
7. Whilst your waiting wash and trim your Samphire and remove any stringy bits.
8. Take your fish out, add your Lime and mix well.
9. Add your Coconut Milk, Samphire, Red Onions and Chilies, adjust seasoning if needed.
10. Garnish with Coriander Leaves or Edible Flowers
11. Serve chilled with crisps or on its own!